From last couple weeks my windows explorer was crashing randomly. I’m not a tech geek so I was not able to fix this issue on my own. I had to contact tyler at geek squad number, he provided me with some steps which helped me in fixing the windows explorer crashing issue.
Troubleshooting search and indexing
Go to windows troubleshooter
- In Search box, type Troubleshooting.
- Now choose Troubleshooting.
- Under Control Panel Home, click on View all.
- Select Search and Indexing
- Check the ‘Files don’t appear in search results', option.
- Tap Next to run the troubleshooter.
- If prompted for admin administrative privilege, click Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- close all windows explorer processed
- Press Windows + X button
- Choose Task Manager
- Locate and select Windows Explorer [File Explorer] process
- Click to Restart