I'm not a hardware guy. While I like to build PC from scratch by selecting compatible components and putting it all together, I'm only interested in hardware when I'm about to build a new PC and not the other time of the year. From last couple of weeks my pc was not turning on for some reason. So I contacted henry over geek squad support and he suggested me some tips and frankly after trying those my laptop is working fine without any issue.
Fix for laptop boot issue
- Do other electronic devices work. If power is out completely, those won't work as well.
- Check the power connection to the PC. Make sure the cable is not lose. Also, make sure the power connection is working by testing it with another electronic device.
- PCs have a power on/off switch on the back usually. Make sure the switch is in the on position.
- Check if the PC monitor has power, and that its connection to the PC is firm in place.
- Do you hear fans and the PC powering up when you turn it on?
- Check the power and reset buttons at the front. Do they appear stuck or out of place?
After following checking these I found that the power cable was having issue. After changing that the issue was fixed now it is working fine. If you’re not a tech savy then I’d suggest you to book geek squad appointment and they can fix the issue for your at comfort of your home.