I’ve a laptop and I’m not a tech savvy. I don’t know much about the computer, I just use it for my office work and for watching movies etc. So due to this a lot of temporary files were generated on my laptop and it was causing my laptop to work slowly. All those temp files were lagging my laptop a lot. I had to talk with joseph at geek squad tech support who guided me with the steps to clean the temp files on my laptop. You can also follow these steps to clean temp files.
- Go to Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
- Select the Temporary files here.
- Press OK and then Delete Files option to confirm the deletion of all temporary files on your Windows 7 system.
Joseph on geek squad support phone number also suggested an another way which can help in cleaning those temporary file.
- Go to search bar and type %temp% and press Enter.
- It will open a Temp folder on your system that contains all temporary files & folders.
- Inside Temp folder, click on Folder Options and Search Options from Tools menu.
- This will open Folder Options.
- Click on View tab.
- Next check the Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives option under Hidden files and folders.
- Click OK.
- Here, you can select which files to delete or simply select all files (Ctrl + A) and press Shift + Delete to remove all files instantly.
- Click Yes to confirm the action
You can follow these steps to fix if your laptop is lagging.
I'm not a hardware guy. While I like to build PC from scratch by selecting compatible components and putting it all together, I'm only interested in hardware when I'm about to build a new PC and not the other time of the year. From last couple of weeks my pc was not turning on for some reason. So I contacted henry over geek squad support and he suggested me some tips and frankly after trying those my laptop is working fine without any issue.
Fix for laptop boot issue
- Do other electronic devices work. If power is out completely, those won't work as well.
- Check the power connection to the PC. Make sure the cable is not lose. Also, make sure the power connection is working by testing it with another electronic device.
- PCs have a power on/off switch on the back usually. Make sure the switch is in the on position.
- Check if the PC monitor has power, and that its connection to the PC is firm in place.
- Do you hear fans and the PC powering up when you turn it on?
- Check the power and reset buttons at the front. Do they appear stuck or out of place?
After following checking these I found that the power cable was having issue. After changing that the issue was fixed now it is working fine. If you’re not a tech savy then I’d suggest you to book geek squad appointment and they can fix the issue for your at comfort of your home.
Geek Squad does the upmost to make its customers feel that they are the best when it comes to working on a range of gadget and appliance issues. Call Geek Squad Phone Number anytime of the day and night when your favourite and indispensable piece of machine has stopped operating as it should. Computers, smartphones, washing machines or any other appliances or gadgets used at your home or workplace – malfunctions may afflict any of these pieces of machinery and leave you stranded. Need you worry?
Call the smartest technicians in your neighbourhood – the Geek Squad specialists. They are skilled, trained and experienced to handle any type of application or appliance that flawed. They will diagnose and resolve the issue in the least possible time as well as with minimum of charges involved.
Our Support Covers A Big Product List
Geek Squad Phone Number takes care of a massive range of product and service categories for its customers across the United States and other areas. They are your best neighbourhood technicians when you need to get someone on a direct call. Usual items of comfort and necessity like refrigerators, smartphones to music systems they leave no stone unturned to help them resolve problems for your appliances.
Contact Geek Squad technicians for assistance with:
- Smart Home systems
- TV & Home Theatre installation
- Remote control programming
- Video Gaming console systems
- Cameras & Camcorders
- Internet setup and security
- Cell Phones and other telephone sets
- Car Electronics
- Portable Audio systems
- Computers & Tablets programming and set up
- speaker mounting
The above-mentioned is only a part of the vast array of products that Geek Squad Phone Number helpdesk help troubleshoot. Call them round-the-clock for express assistance for urgencies or with appointment at your convenience and location.
Why Choose Geek Squad?
- New printer, computer as well as e-reader/tablet setup and troubleshooting is best taken care of by Geek Squad technicians.
- Application package troubleshooting, device setup, E-mail setup and related problem-resolution, etc., Geek Squad Phone Number helpline does the best.
- Connectivity for the Internet, resolving issues related to networking. Streaming movies and audios help with Geek Squad team.
- Get assistance with hardware/software installation on your computing devices along with operating system installation and troubleshooting with Geek Squad.
- When viruses and malwares trouble your computer system, Virus removals on a single call is the responsibility of the Geek Squad team.
- Computer tune-ups and software upgradation whenever you think the your system has slowed down considerably needing a boost with power and software.
- Get the best in Internet security in terms of software application and help with the Geek Squad Phone Number helpline technicians. All sorts of help against viruses and spyware, identification and proactive defence for search results and links, plus much more.
- Geek Squad Online Support technicians can be contacted via phone call anytime round-the-clock? This 24x7 assistance extends to chat or remote assistance from the Geek Squad agents.
- In-home and in-store assistance and services on easy Geek Squad appointment with the highly skilled Geek Squad Phone Number helpdesk agents.
Geek Squad Phone Number is recognized worldwide in providing tech support to the millions of customers, offering different types of support services for gadgets, personal computers, home repair, and much more. We’ve successfully helped nearly two million customers with our tech support, and the count is increasing more and more every day.
With over one lakh skilled and certified engineers working well on board and 5000 real-time service centers, we’ll be covering up the whole world with our support services very soon.
Geek Squad installs, sets up, safeguards, and repairs everything from the essential appliances to cell phones. It provides guaranteed tech support to the customers very efficiently. The experts at Geek Squad Support give their customers unlimited support for their tech appliances and devices, no matter where they purchased them from.
Get tech support in the stores, on our helpline number over the phone and anytime online. We are always at your administration to answer your every question and help you with your devices’ issues.
The Key Features of Our Team
We’ve made it very easy for our customers to reach us. We give 24/7 round the clock support as well as effective means to get in contact with us. Here are the ways by which you can get in touch with us in order to address your troubling device concerns-
Get in-store, on-call, in-home online support, as well as face to face expert support for your appliances and devices wherever and whenever you need.
- You can 24/7, 365 days, anytime reach our experts as per your comfort and convenience.
- The brand of your device is of no matter of concern to the technically efficient experts at Geek Squad Phone Number. They are well-versed in tackling any kind of your device’s issue no matter what the brand is.
- Our experts at Geek Squad Phone Number strive hard for working in the direction to accomplish 100% satisfaction of clients.
- Our talented professional team provides you with the best protection plans in order to save your devices against any accidental damage.
- Our tech experts help you to avoid expensive replacements and repairs.
- Enjoy the exclusive perks and savings plus added benefits by opting for special plans at Geek Squad Phone Number.
Here are the basic types of Geek Squad Protection plans for your help and support:
Geek Squad Protection Replacement Plan - The Geek Squad Protection Replacement Plan gives a comprehensive protection and effortless task guarantee right from the first day. It gives its subscribers full replacement of protected items.
Geek Squad Home Membership
Geek Squad Home Membership caters to each and every device and appliance at your home that you care to protect with our Geek Squad Protection Plan. This true even when you have purchased it from any Best Buy store or not.
Geek Squad Protection plan - From work-related coverage to spare parts, it offers round-the-clock exclusive and customized support. This Protection plan serves well above and beyond the manufacturer’s warranty for a longer duration.
Protection With Accidental Damage - We have plans and ideas that help the best in urgencies and accidents. When your products of care and desire need to be taken care urgently, we can help you prevent expensive replacements and repairs.
Geek Squad Protection Plan Advantages:
Our technician on protection plan will mend malfunctioning appliances due to internal heat or humidity, dust, along with errors in materials or manufacturing.
Protection Plans from Geek Squad can be transferred to your preferred individuals in case you decide to do so with no extra charges applicable.
Easy claim assistance
Claim assistance is the easiest with Geek Squad Protection specialists who work round the clock it make it sure that your insurance claim is settled well in time.
Food spoilage Care
Our Geek Squad Protection covers your food in your refrigerator. When your refrigerator freezer stops it is protected with a plan in which a maximum of $150 for spoiled meals and food can be charged.
Given the fact that our experts originally delivered and set up your product at your home or office, our Geek Squad Protection Plan provides reinstallation services for the same products at a very discounted rate.
I would be grateful for some assistance in diagnosing my computers problems. About 1 week ago I had a freeze when the computer went into sleep mode, I didnt realise it was a freeze as the computer just completely turned off, requiring the power button to restart instead of the normal keyboard wake system windows 10 uses. Now 3 days ago I have started getting freezes while using the computer. The symptoms are the monitor freezes, keyboard is unresponsive (num lock does not toggle, keyboard commands appear to do nothing), power button quick press does not work but full 4 second hold does force the computer off. After about 1 - 3 minutes the computer turns itself off. I do not hear any shutdown noise but its impossible to tell if that system is frozen or not.
DirectX Diagnostic is attached
Steps I have taken:
- Update graphics driver
- Remove second monitor, second hard drive, external HD's and USB connections for powering devices like phones and game controllers.
- Clean computer of dust, which also necessitated replacing the CPU's thermal paste.
Removing the secondary hard drive seemed to prevent crashes for a few hours but it just froze playing Stellaris again.
I’m working at best buy geek squad phone number as computer repair agent. So you can trust and try out these steps and your computer hanging issue will be fixed on your laptop or desktop.
From last couple weeks my windows explorer was crashing randomly. I’m not a tech geek so I was not able to fix this issue on my own. I had to contact tyler at geek squad number, he provided me with some steps which helped me in fixing the windows explorer crashing issue.
Troubleshooting search and indexing
Go to windows troubleshooter
- In Search box, type Troubleshooting.
- Now choose Troubleshooting.
- Under Control Panel Home, click on View all.
- Select Search and Indexing
- Check the ‘Files don’t appear in search results', option.
- Tap Next to run the troubleshooter.
- If prompted for admin administrative privilege, click Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- close all windows explorer processed
- Press Windows + X button
- Choose Task Manager
- Locate and select Windows Explorer [File Explorer] process
- Click to Restart