I’ve a laptop and I’m not a tech savvy. I don’t know much about the computer, I just use it for my office work and for watching movies etc. So due to this a lot of temporary files were generated on my laptop and it was causing my laptop to work slowly. All those temp files were lagging my laptop a lot. I had to talk with joseph at geek squad tech support who guided me with the steps to clean the temp files on my laptop. You can also follow these steps to clean temp files.
- Go to Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
- Select the Temporary files here.
- Press OK and then Delete Files option to confirm the deletion of all temporary files on your Windows 7 system.
Joseph on geek squad support phone number also suggested an another way which can help in cleaning those temporary file.
- Go to search bar and type %temp% and press Enter.
- It will open a Temp folder on your system that contains all temporary files & folders.
- Inside Temp folder, click on Folder Options and Search Options from Tools menu.
- This will open Folder Options.
- Click on View tab.
- Next check the Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives option under Hidden files and folders.
- Click OK.
- Here, you can select which files to delete or simply select all files (Ctrl + A) and press Shift + Delete to remove all files instantly.
- Click Yes to confirm the action
You can follow these steps to fix if your laptop is lagging.